Recipe by Milann Taylor
I wanted a combination of scalloped and roasted potatoes. I really wanted the medallion shape, so I used vegetable broth instead of milk or cream. My husband really loved them.
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Ranch dip (one pkg)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits (i used bacos)
- 2 cups water
- 1 knorr vegetarian vegetable bouillon cube, extra large cube
Directions See How It's Made
- scrub and thinly slice the potatoes in to medallions.
- melt butter in the baking dish (i used a 13x9 glass dish).
- in a sauce pan, boil two cups of water then dissolve the vegetable bouillon cube in it.
- put medallions, butter, and ranch mix in large ziploc bag and mix/knead thoroughly to cover all potato slices.
- layer slices in dish, slightly overlapping - one layer.
- sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- top with baby spinach.
- repeat steps until all potatoes are used.
- you may not wind up using all the cheese or spinach, do it to taste.
- end with cheese on top.
- gently pour the vegetable stock over the potato mixture.
- cover in foil (i used the non-stick type).
- bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
- top with more grated cheese and bacon bits after it's on your plate! yum!