Recipe by HomeSchoolCook
This recipe was born out of desperation. I REALLY wanted scalloped potatoes to accompany my Christmas ham dinner but hadn't left myself time to bake them. This version turned out so well I may never make scalloped potatoes in the oven again. Ingredients and times are approximate, as I didn't measure a thing (sorry).
- 1 onion
- 4 -5 potatoes
- 1 cup milk (approx.)
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (approx.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice onion and potatoes (enough for the crowd you're serving).
- Place slices in large skillet; add milk (1 cup or so), salt and pepper and garlic (chopped, minced, toumeh - whatever you have) to taste.
- Bring to boil then cover and simmer low until potatoes are tender. If too much milk, leave cover off to reduce and thicken.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and place under hot broiler for a minute or two to bubble up the cheese.