Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this yummy recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. It's one of my families favorites. It will never curdle, thanks to the secret ingredient of powdered nondairy creamer and it's pretty inexpensive to make! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
- 3⁄4 cup non-dairy coffee creamer, powdered
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine creamer and water until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, onion, salt and paprika until smooth; gradually add creamer mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2 quart baking dish, combine the potatoes and ham. Pour sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Uncover, bake 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake for 5-10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.