Recipe by Leta
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham like mom used to make.
Top Review by Penny R
I loved the reamy sauce, but... my potatoes were still a bit hard even after cooking fifteen minutes past the given time. I was sure to slice them very thin. Maybe it's just me because everyone else seemed to have no problems. I'll try it again. I topped this dish with crumbled bacon and added cheese to each layer.
- 1 cup ham, cubes
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the potatoes, ham and onions in a baking dish.
- Prepare a white sauce: In a medium saucepan stir milk into cornstarch while stirring with a whisk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add margarine, salt and pepper.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute.
- Pour white sauce over potatoes.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.