1/1 Photo of Scalloped Potatoes for Two
1 hr 15 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
Since I sometimes have to cook for just me, I've been on a search for recipes that make enough for just one or two people. So when I came across this one in the TOH 2002 Annual Recipes that was sent in to them by Edith Jennings of Prarie City, Iowa, I knew I had to try it.The time for peeling the potatoes has been included in the prep time. I guess if you wanted to speed up the time it takes to prepare this recipe, you could slightly cook the potatoes in the microwave or on the stove top. The addition of the French Fried Onions was my idea. Sumitted to " ZAAR " on October 21, 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, 2 1/2 cups peeled, washed, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teapoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup French-fried onions (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- 1Place potatoes in a greased 1 quart baking dish, set aside.
- 2In a small pan, melt margarine and then add flour cook until the flour taste disappears ( About 3 to 4 minutes ).
- 3Add the milk a little at a time, bring to a boil then reduce heat and stir until slightly thickened.
- 4Add cheese,salt, pepper, and worcestershire sauce and stir until cheese is melted.
- 5Cool sauce slightly, pour over potatoes.
- 6Cover potatoes and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, remove cover and top with french fried onion, and paprika.
- 7Bake for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- 8Let " rest " for 10 minutes, so sauce will thicken.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes for Two
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 762.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground black pepper