Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From The Best of Country Cooking Cookbook, c. 2003. With just hubby and I, it is far easier to prepare this smaller portion of scalloped potatoes! Cooking time is mostly unattended.
- In a saucepan, combine flour, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 1-qt baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion and white sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Toss bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 55 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
I love scalloped potatoes and these were very yummy potatoes. Very quick to put together which is a bonus. I too added a little paremesan cheese to the sauce for a bit of cheese flavor. I totally forgot about the breadcrumbs, left them on the counter but they still turned out fantastic. I would definiteley be making these again. Thanks for sharing your receipe NELady.
These were delicious! I added some parmesan and garlic powder too, but could have added a bit more. It was easy, tasty and my kids loved it. I made this for the Kitchen Witches for ZWT5. Thanks! :)
I took the others' suggestion and added a bit of grated parmesan to the middle layer. Came out great. I had to bake mine for another 20 mintues to soften up the potatoes and onions to suit our tastes. Thanks!!