Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was my favorite dinner growing up. I always picked this as my "birthday" dinner. I don't get to fix this recipe very often anymore because my husband hates cream style corn.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 (836.31 g) can cream-style corn
- butter (dot here and there)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- milk (tiny amount in corners)
- Place peeled and sliced potatoes in a greased 11x7x2 baking dish.
- Pour cream corn over potatoes.
- Dot with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add tiny amount of milk to each of the corners.
- Bake in 350* oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
These were really good. i left out the butter and milk but did add a little water to the corners. I did sprinkle on about 1/2 tsp garlic powder and about 3/4 tsp onion powder before adding the corn. I baked mine covered and then when they were done I uncovered for an additional 15 minutes. These are easy and healthy. Thanks for the recipe.
Nice change of pace from other potato casseroles. I made a half recipe in a round casserole pan. I did not add any milk, and the potatoes were plenty moist without it.
Excelllent side dish. I only used one can of cream corn but did add extra milk. May add some cheese next time, however, it was terrific just as posted. Thanks looneytunesfan