Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was my favorite dinner growing up. I always picked this as my "birthday" dinner. I don't get to fix this recipe very often anymore because my husband hates cream style corn.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- butter (dot here and there)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- milk (tiny amount in corners)
- 2 boneless pork chops
- Place peeled and sliced potatoes in a greased 11x7x2 baking dish.
- Pour cream corn over potatoes.
- Dot with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add tiny amount of milk to each of the corners. Top with pork chops.
- Bake in 350* oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
My husband is a picky, simple eater; I too normally make au gratin potatoes, cream corn and fried pork chops as a meal; this is a little healthier since the chops are baked and the base of the au gratins is corn and not cheese. He said it was really good and definitely a keeper. He and I normally don't eat the same thing, but this is one that I will plan to eat with him. I used thin boneless chops and they came out very tender. Thank you looneytunesfan
This was absolutely delicoius. We were camping, so I made this in my small Nesco slow cooker instead of the oven. I cooked it at 350 for 1 1/2 hours and it worked perfectly. I did season the pork chops with Creole seasoning, but otherwise, didn't change a thing. I will be making this again often!
There is nothing fancy about this but my family loves it. We always have cream corn, potatoes and pork chops together but now I only have one dish to wash. Thanks for the awesome recipe.