Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine. I needed to make a casserole to take to a friend that just had a baby. She doesn't like tomato based foods, so I thought I'd try something different. I doubled the recipe and made one for my family and one for hers and it was a huge hit with both! She called the very next morning and said she had to have the recipe because her entire family gobbled it up! Quick, easy and tasty... my kind of recipe!
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- Set the potatoes aside. Place the contents of the sauce mix in a large bowl; sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Whisk in the water & soup; stir in the chicken, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Wonderful. Easy to follow recipe. I did not change nothing. Sure will be making this again. Thank You. Hugs
I made this recipe on 2/2/09 for mine and my SO's dinner.Since neither one of us cares for celery it was left out. I did add a bit of pepper when adding the poultry seasoning. Other than those changes, the recipe was made as written. My SO and I both really enjoyed this recipe.This will be made again.Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling:)"