Recipe by Dine & Dish
Another great recipe from Quick Cooking Magazine. I needed to make a casserole to take to a friend that just had a baby. She doesn't like tomato based foods, so I thought I'd try something different. I doubled the recipe and made one for my family and one for hers and it was a huge hit with both! She called the very next morning and said she had to have the recipe because her entire family gobbled it up! Quick, easy and tasty... my kind of recipe!
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the potatoes aside. Place the contents of the sauce mix in a large bowl; sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Whisk in the water & soup; stir in the chicken, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.