Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Super easy and makes a lot - great for potlucks!
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen diced potatoes (hash browns)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Stir together soup and milk in a large mixing bowl. Stir in potatoes, mixed vegetables, and 1 cup cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9 casserole dish.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This makes a very easy meal. I say meal because I added some veggie sausage patties that I crumbled up and mixed in. I did use the frozen mixed veg ask for because I had some hanging out in the freezer for a very long time and this was a good chance to use it up. I really think that this would be a 5 star review if I had used fresh veggies. Overall it was tasty and satisfying and DH really enjoyed it. :D
This is a great way to get everyone to eat up their vegies. No cream of onion soup here so i used a tin of condensed vegetable soup. I used frozen sliced potatoes and diced up fresh mixed vegetables. With all that oozy cheese on top, it made a decadent and delicious meal.
Super easy. Ran into a few snags with this recipe the biggest one being after going to 4 stores and not being able to get cream of onion soup decide to use cream of mushroom, second frozen diced potatoes only come in 28 ounce bags. For mixed vegetables used a package that had green beans, asparagus, carrots and onions. Also used fat free cheese which does not brown in the oven like regular cheese. Made as a side which was met with mediocre reviews. The leftovers faired better as they were served with a fried egg on top. DH said that this dish should always be served with fried egg. Thanks so much for the post.