Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This comes from the November 2006 Woman's Day magazine. It can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and reheated (covered) in the oven or microwave.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Rondele)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (30 -32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow 2-qt casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Put soup, spreadable cheese and milk in a large bowl; whisk together. Put spinach in a medium bowl; stir in 3/4 c soup mixture. Stir potatoes in remaining soup mixture.
- Evenly spread 1/2 the potato mixture (about 3 cups) in the casserole dish. Layer with spinach mixture, then remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until golden. For a crispier top, you can broil it for just a few minutes.