1/1 Photo of Scalloped Potatoes and Onions
This is the best potato and onion dish I've ever tried. I found the base recipe from allrecipes.com and doctored it up my way. I've even added cooked diced ham to this and it was outstanding! Enjoy! :o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. (Layer ham also if you have decided to add it.)
- 2In a saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- 3Gradually add broth, mayo, parmesan, bacon bits, garlic, thyme, and 1/4 cup of the cheddar; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- 4Pour over potatoes.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika and rest of cheddar.
- 6Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.9
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 717.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 11.8 g