Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These potatoes are truly delicious and especially nice for special occasions. Recipe was given to me by my best friend - a marvelous cook. I couldn't stop eating them!
- 2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, snipped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With butter, grease 8-inch casserole.
- Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with half of the mushrooms, cheese, parsley, and onions.
- Repeat layers ending with potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Pour whipping cream over casserole.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are done when tested with fork.
The flavour of the mushrooms & swiss cheese make a nice change from regular scalloped potatoes! I scaled the recipe in half, using a 6 inch baking dish to accomodate the 3 layers & substituted half & half to lower the fat. I also cooked at 325F for 90 minutes to share the oven with a roasting chicken. Thanx BeachGirl!
These potatoes are heavenly :-) :-) :-) :-) I am not a lover of mushrooms OR swiss cheese lol.. and I reallllllllly enjoyed these potatoes!!!! The spring onions and parsley are really keyyyyyyy ingredients in this recipe... Thanks soooooooo much for this recipe!!!!!
We loved this. Made exactly as described, substituting whole milk for the whipping cream to cut fat, it still was rich and creamy. Though the swiss cheese was nice, next time I'm going to experiment with some other cheeses. Maybe dabs of gorgonzola between layers? Thanks BeachGirl.