Recipe by BeachGirl
These potatoes are truly delicious and especially nice for special occasions. Recipe was given to me by my best friend - a marvelous cook. I couldn't stop eating them!
Top Review by CountryLady
The flavour of the mushrooms & swiss cheese make a nice change from regular scalloped potatoes! I scaled the recipe in half, using a 6 inch baking dish to accomodate the 3 layers & substituted half & half to lower the fat. I also cooked at 325F for 90 minutes to share the oven with a roasting chicken. Thanx BeachGirl!
- 2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, snipped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With butter, grease 8-inch casserole.
- Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with half of the mushrooms, cheese, parsley, and onions.
- Repeat layers ending with potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Pour whipping cream over casserole.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until potatoes are done when tested with fork.