1 hr 20 mins
Once again Ree Drummond hits it out of the ballpark. This recipe is terrific and terrific for leftover holiday ham. Rich, creamy....just plain delish!! The only modification I made was that I added 1 Tbsp of garlic powder to the cream mixture for taste, feel free to add more. Definately give this one a try, you won't regret it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a large casserole dish.
- 2Heat butter in a large skillet. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until they start to turn translucent. Add ham and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Combine half-and-half and cream in a microwave-safe container and nuke for a minute or so, until no longer cold. Whisk in flour and black pepper until totally combined. Set aside. (You may add salt, but cheese and ham are salty, so add sparingly.).
- 4Combine the two grated cheeses. Set aside.
- 5Using a mandoline or slicer, slice potatoes into 1/8-inch slices (very thin.) Layer 1/3 of the potato slices in the buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the ham/onion mixture, then 1/3 of the cheese, then pour on 1/3 of the cream mixture.
- 6Repeat this twice more, ending with a sprinkling of cheese and a pouring on of the rest of the cream mixture. Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes at least, or until bubbly and hot.
- 7Cut into squares and serve. Sprinkle on chopped parsley if you'd like!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes and Ham - Pioneer Woman
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 687.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 16.6 g