1/1 Photo of Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
1 hr 30 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Real Food Girl: Unmodified
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add sliced potatoes to well salted pot of water. Once it starts to boil, boil for three minutes. Do not overcook, drain well.
- 2In a skillet on medium heat, combine the olive oil and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- 3Add the parsley, thyme, and ham and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes then set aside in a bowl.
- 4Wipe skillet out with paper towel and melt the butter over medium heat.
- 5Add the flour and whisk to combine and the flour has turned a slight brown color.
- 6Slowly add the milk and whisk constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to low and whisk for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- 8Add the ham and onion mixture to the skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- 10Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 11Add a spoonful of sauce and spread on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 12Place a layer of potatoes on top of the sauce.
- 13Continue alternating sauce and potatoes.
- 14Sprinkle the gruyere cheese on top and then cover with foil.
- 15Bake at 400 degrees for 35 - 55 minutes.
- 16Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes to brown the cheese.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 694.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g