- chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups milk
- 6 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan sauté onion in butter until tender.
- stir in flour, salt, and pepper
- gradually add milk and bring to a boil. cook and stir for two minutes or until sauce thickens.
- place half of the potatoes and ham in a greased 3 quart baking dish –
- pour half of the sauce over potatoes and repeat layers.
- bake uncovered at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly brown.