1 hr 20 mins
This is just the way I like them; no cheese and pure butter with rich cream. These aren't made for those who are watching their waistlines! This recipe is adapted from Kim Tilley's Bulk Cooking: Ham Plan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml real butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (I leave the skins on and use a mandoline)
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked ham
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings (I use the mandoline for these as well)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook one minute, stirring the entire time.
- 3Gradually add half and half, increase heat to medium and stir constantly until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 4Stir in salt and pepper.
- 5Spoon 1/4 cup of sauce into a well greased casserole dish or 10 inch iron skillet.
- 6Combine potatoes and remaining ingredients (except sauce) in a large bowl, mixing well.
- 7Layer half of potato mixture over the sauce.
- 8Top with half of remaining sauce.
- 9Repeat layers.
- 10Cover and bake at 350 for one hour, or until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.4
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 414.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.2 g