Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Most recipes I have seen on here for scalloped potatoes and ham are cheesy. This one is simple and creamy, not cheesy - my mom's classic recipe!
- 6 cups potatoes
- 2 cups fully cooked diced ham
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups milk
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Mix melted butter, flour, salt and pepper in a saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth and cook over medium heat until thick.
- Place potatoes and ham in a large baking dish and pour cooked white sauce over them.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour covered. Bake an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
The way mom always makes it. What a great comfort food!