Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This recipe is on a dog eared index card. I'm posting it here so that I can throw out the ugly card. I think that the recipe was copied from a magazine many years ago. I'm not sure because I can barely remember what I had for lunch three days ago...
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Return to heat and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Fold in ham, onion, green pepper and cheese.
- Pour over sliced potatoes.
- Stir gently and then pour into a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Let Stand 10 minutes before serving.