Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my all time favorite!
Make and share this Scalloped Potatoes and Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut ham into serving size pieces; brown lightly on both sides in skillet.
- Stir flour into fat in skillet and add soup.
- Gradually add milk and heat to boiling; stir constantly.
- In 2-qt.
- casserole arrange layers of ham, potatoes, carrots and onion until all are used, sprinkling salt and pepper lightly on the vegetables.
- Pour on soup and milk mixture.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes more; or until potatoes are tender.
very good--but i omitted the cooking in the fat part as the ham was already cooked and it made it a bit healthier
I mixed the flour in with the fried ham as it doesn't say to remove ham from the skillet. This put my ham in the soup mixture and I could not layer ham as directions say. Regardless, this tasted delicious. I will be making this again, the right way next time.
Excellent recipe!! My husband and I both agree on this. I had left- over spiral sliced ham to use. It's sweet flavor brought out the best taste ever. Thanks Chris. Diana W.