Recipe by SooZee
A very old recipe that has become yellowed with age so thought I would post it here so it doesn't get lost forever. I've used other cheese than Gruyere in it and it works great.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 lb frozen carrots, thawed
- 1 lb potato, peeled and thin sliced
- 2 cups unsweetened corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In med. pan, melt butter over med. heat.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, whisking all the time.
- Bring to boil and stirring, cook 2 minute.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese, salt and pepper.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Layer spinach, carrots and potatoes.
- Top with the cheese sauce and sprinkle with corn flakes and parsley.
- Bake 1 hour or until bubbling and golden brown.