Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
Top Review by BeaJae
I loved this recipe. It is the first time I have ever made scalloped potatoes that were like my mother's. I'm 71 so it's been a lonnnnnng time since I had goood scalloped potatoes. Thank you so much. They were easy and tasty and perfect. My mom sometimes added cubed ham or cheese ( or both) to vary our suppers. Thank you, thank you!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups milk, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole with vegetable spray.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in casserole, then sprinkle with some of onion, flour, salt and pepper.
- Continue to layer until all potatoes, onion, flour, salt and pepper are used.
- Dot top with butter, then pour milk over all.
- Bake 20 min, then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake 50 to 60 min longer or until potatoes are tender.