Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Best of Country Cooking 1999 submitted by Leah Brandenburg.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, sliced into 4 thin slices
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, stir flour and milk until smooth.
- Add garlic, butter and salt; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- In a greased 1 quart baking dish, layer onion and potato slices; pour sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer for until the potatoes are tender.