Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (6 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat jarisberg cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat 8x8x2-inch or 11x7x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange potato slices in overlapping rows in prepared baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in saucepan to slow boil; pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with red peppers, parsley and cheeses.
- Return to oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and cheese golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
We enjoyed these potatoes very much. They were easy to make and the taste was great.
This was so good! I made it as a side for Vanilla Cardamon and Apple Brined Pork Loin (#120506) by Rita L. It was perfect! I will never make Scalloped potatoes any other way!