Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
There is no meat in this one. From Carnation
- 2 lbs medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes then drain.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange potatoes in prepared baking dish; pour milk mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is light golden brown.
Great potatoes. I made them as directed other than halve the recipe. Not sure if it was because I cut back the recipe or not, but I had to cook mine for an additional 30 minutes before they started to brown. These were very good and my grandson who doesn't like scalloped potatoes, had 3 servings. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.