Very basic and very good family favorite.
Make and share this Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place one layer of sliced potatoes on bottom of 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Cut butter into pieces and dot potatoes with 1/3 of butter.
- Top with 1/3 diced onion evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour, salt and pepper.
- Repeat two more times for a total of 3 layers.
- Top with can of condensed (undiluted) cream of mushroom soup, spread evenly.
- Cover and cook at 350º for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
What's not to like, easy to prepare, great taste and a real comfort food. DH who never says much said he loved it. I made it exactly as listed except I didn't even bother to peel the potatoes and added a grated mexican cheese blend to the top for something extra and cooked for an extra 1/2 hour. Took it out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks CC for a new family favorite.
CC,This was made for New Year's day and it went over well.I think that next time I will do as suggested by other reviewer's that about a half cup of milk could be added to make the soup "flow through"the taste and look were fine and it was enjoyed by all....Don
This was really great! Preparation was simple. I didn't peel my potatoes (I never do), and I substituted a can of cheddar soup. I also added some smoked paprika between layers and added almost 1/2 cup of milk. I did have to cook it longer - about 20 minutes more. Thanks for an easy, yummy scalloped potato recipe!