Recipe by CCinSC
Very basic and very good family favorite.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
What's not to like, easy to prepare, great taste and a real comfort food. DH who never says much said he loved it. I made it exactly as listed except I didn't even bother to peel the potatoes and added a grated mexican cheese blend to the top for something extra and cooked for an extra 1/2 hour. Took it out of the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes and it was perfect. Thanks CC for a new family favorite.
- 4 -5 medium idaho potatoes, sliced about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one layer of sliced potatoes on bottom of 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Cut butter into pieces and dot potatoes with 1/3 of butter.
- Top with 1/3 diced onion evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour, salt and pepper.
- Repeat two more times for a total of 3 layers.
- Top with can of condensed (undiluted) cream of mushroom soup, spread evenly.
- Cover and cook at 350º for 45 minutes to 1 hour.