Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Scalloped potatoes made with chicken stock instead of milk have wonderful flavor.
- 12 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups boiling chicken stock
- In two shallow well greased 8 cup casseroles, layer potatoes and onions, sprinkling salt and pepper between layers.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until well blended. With wire whisk, mix in hot stock; cook, stirring constantly, until boiling and thickened. Pour over potatoes and onions; sprinkle with paprika to taste. Bake, uncovered, in 350°F oven for about 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Makes about 12 servings.
- Canadian Living Entertaining Cookbook.