Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was adapted from The Joy of Cooking (my bible). Very good. They are a bit runny with the use of so much cream and/or milk so you might reduce it if that is not what you are looking for. Delicious.
- 3 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Parboil sliced potatoes in lightly salted water for approximately 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Place in three layers in a greased casserole dish, sprinkling flour and dotting butter over each layer, using two table spoons of flour and about four table spoons of butter in all.
- Heat milk and cream in a saucepan over low to medium heat, mixing in the paprika and salt. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake about 35 minutes, testing for doneness with a fork.
I really enjoyed this recipe, very simple. I was a little concerned that they might be a bit bland, but refrained from adding anything until I could taste them. They are very good as is. I think next time I may add about 1/2 cup of diced onions, and 1 cup of cheese. Thanks for posting! Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag