Recipe by ozzygirl
This beautiful tasting potato bake will be a winner with your family, friends or guests! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Top Review by aussiefeast
I wanted to review two recipes at once so I made French Onion Dip 125528 and put a little aside for tasting. With the remaining mix I added enough milk to get a consistency right for the above recipe (as the dip was thick after standing for a while)and made the recipe as stated. My husband is not keen on creamy dishes but the soup counteracted the flavour enough that he enjoyed this potato dish and I will make it again. Make sure your potato is sliced thin so that it cooks through till tender.
- 6 -7 potatoes
- 2 ounces French onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 1 (300 ml) carton cream
- butter, to grease with
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly scallop the potatoes.
- Par boil potatoes for approximately 5 minutes just to soften them a tiny bit.
- Heat oven to approximately 200 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an oven friendly dish with a small amount of butter.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with a layer of sliced potato, lightly sprinkle over some of the french onion soup mix and pour some cream over the top. Repeat this step for each layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 60 minutes. Remove the foil approximately 40 minutes into the cooking cycle so the top can brown.