Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really good "comfort food" Souper easy and even picky eaters love it. Also perfect for any pot-luck. Can be made ahead and freezed. Just adjust your baking time accordingly.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled, boiled and sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix sour cream, soup, butter, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and one cup of the cheese in a lightly greased deep 3 quart casserole.
- Gently stir in potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes.