1 hr 20 mins
I wanted a new way to use potatoes so I combined some ingredients I had on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, potatoes. thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4-1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- 2Preheat EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender then add 1 Tb sugar and a little crushed red pepper (make sure not to add to much). Continue cooking until carmelized (about 10 minutes). Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3Meanwhile combine goat and ricotta cheeses. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Layer potato slices across one row of the pan. Layer next row with zucchini and continue alternating until you fill the bottom of the pan. (You may want to season the veggies before starting the cheese layer).
- 5Dollop 1/3 of goat cheese mixture on top of potatoes and zucchini.
- 6Spread half of the onions on top of the cheese.
- 7Repeat 3 layers then top with remaining goat cheese. Pour milk over casserole then top with breadcrumbs and butter cubes.
- 8Bake for about 25-30 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake about 15 minutes until top is browned. (I increased the heat to 400 for the last few minutes to get a crisper top).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potato and Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 221.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese