Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
a real family pleaser
Make and share this Scalloped Potato and Hot Dog Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 4 1⁄2 cups potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- Cook onions and potatoes in one inch of boiling watch to which the 2 tsps of salt has been added.
- After boiling 5 minutes, drain.
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, paprika and milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook until smooth and thick.
- In a 2 quart casserole, arrange 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, topped with half of the hot dogs, which have been sliced lengthwise.
- Repeat 2 more layers.
- Arrange cheese slices on top.
- Bake 45 mins 400F.
This was a good casserole. I did had whipping cream for a richer flavor and added a Tbs. of minced garlic in the sauce and about 2Tbs of green bell pepper too. I sliced the hot dogs into round pieces and scattered them across each layer of potatoes. Used 8oz of shredded cheddar cheese over top. Turned out delicious! Thanks for sharing!
We use Velveeta (that's the way I've had it since I was a little girl). Not figure friendly, but kid friendly. A pleasant reminder of childhood meals. Thanks for posting!