Recipe by mamacancook
My husband's grandmother ONLY makes this for Easter dinner-but it's a simple recipe with a few ingredients so you can make it ANYTIME you like-It's kinda a "bread filling/pudding" but sweet from the pineapple and sugar. Goes great with ham!!!
Top Review by CooksSoGood
I baked a ham awhile ago and haven't been in to review this recipe until now. It was a great side with our ham and scalloped potatoes! I actually slightly toasted some nutty whole wheat bread that was on the stale side but wanted it even more dried so it wouldn't be soggy. This resulted in a great sweet fruity side dish that went well with our ham!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups fresh white bread, cubed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (LARGE can)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- Moisten bread cubes with milk.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and bake in a 2-quart covered casserole dish for 45 minutes.
- Last 15 minutes remove lid and bake uncovered to form crust and firm.
- Allow to briefly rest before serving.
- Serve warm.