Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a good dish to serve as a side, a salad, or a dessert. Serve it hot or cold. My grandmother used to make a dish similar to this, so I thought it must be a southern thing.
Top Review by dolliegyrl
THis is REALLY good! My son who won't eat pineapple had SECONDS! I would say its a bread pudding! It tasted exactly like bread pudding!Adding this gem to my cookbook! Always have the ingredients on hand for this!
- 2 cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can chunk pineapple, drained
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- On low speed, mix crushed pineapple with juice, bread crumbs, butter, sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Stir in chunk pineapple.
- Spoon into casserole dish and cook, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours at 350 deg.
- or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold as a casserole, or as dessert with ice cream.