Recipe by Auggy
A recipe from my mother-in-law that is now required for any of my family's holiday meals.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups white bread, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Next add the milk and pineapple.
- Put into 9x13" pan and slowly add bread cubes - more or less can be added based on the consistency you want the dish (the pineapple has a lot of juice).
- Bake in a 9x13” pan or corning ware skillet at 350 for ½ hour covered and ½ hour uncovered. One suggestion is to put foil underneath the rack as the dish will most likely bubble over a little while cooking.