Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm always looking for new ways with veggies. This comes from RecipeSource.
- 6 medium parsnips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (or cream)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- Scrub the parsnips clean, cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender, in lightly salted boiling water, and drain.
- Scrape off the outer skin, split the parsnips lengthwise, and pull out the stringy cores.
- Place the parsnips in a shallow baking dish, and cover with a sauce made with the fat, flour, and milk or cream, and salt.
- Cover the top with the bread crumbs and bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve in the baking dish.