Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, oleo
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs
- 24 oysters, shucked, reserve liquid
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oyster liquid
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Add crackers to butter and stir.
- In oyster liquid add cream, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Butter a 1 quart baking dish.
- Layer 1/3 of crumb mixture and 12 oysters.
- Pour 1/2 of the liquid over the 1st layer.
- Add another 1/3 of the crumbs and 12 oysters and remaining liquid.
- Top with crumbs.
- Bake 15-20 minutes in 425 degrees until browned.
Yum! I actually cooked a little bit differently by layering the mix as a single layer in the shell rather than using a baking dish. Worked very well. I also used natural yoghurt rather than cream so it was a little healthier.