Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 (15 ounce) jars white onions, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched onion
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in flour, mustard and salt, cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in onions, peas and almonds.
- Pour into a ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.