Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lbs tiny new potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups reduced-fat milk
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Put potatoes in a large pan; add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover, and simmer 8 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium pan, cook onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add in milk all at once; cook/stir until thickened and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Add spinach and peppers to potatoes; toss gently to combine.
- Pour sauce over potato mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and remaining oil; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until crumbs are golden and edges are bubbly.