Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very quick and easy, very different side dish. Recipe came from local Fire Dept. Cook Book.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms (washed, drained,sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups soft french breadcrumbs
- Place 1/3 of the Mushrooms in a buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover with 1/3 of the bread crumbs.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the butter over crumbs.
- Sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- Repeat another layer with another 1/3 of each.
- For top layer, cover with remaining mushrooms, salt& pepper.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 35 minutes.
- Mix remaining butter and crumbs.
- Spoon over mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes more.
Delicious! Next time I will half the butter. It had PLENTY of juice from the mushrooms and I don't think I would miss the butter. Great flavor served with chicken.
Wonderful simple recipe. I add a little garlic and it's divine. Everyone should have this in their repertoire. Also works well with jerusalem artichokes, but topped up with cream! YUM!