Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Friend went foraging in the woods with her mushroom group and I found this recipe after a google search..it's delicious
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb hedgehog mushroom, sliced (including stem)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- Butter a casserole dish,.
- Place half of the sliced potatoes and the cream in it,.
- Add the sliced hedgehogs and cover with the remaining pototaes.
- Cover and bake in a pre heateed 170C oven for 25 minutes.
- Add the chives, paprika, and milk.
- Sprinkle with the chesse and bacon.
- Return to the oven, uncovered this time,.
- Bake at 170C for another 20 minutes.
It has a little too much saturated fat.
It is delicious! This was last nights supper, made for PAC Fall 2007. Rich and creamy, with the wonderful addition of mushrooms and bacon to make this not your regular potato bake! Quickly put together, it looks after itself while you get on with other things! I served it with Chicken & Mushroom pies, baked Butternut, and Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) Thank you for a wonderful supper, Tulip-Fairy, I'll be making this dish again!