Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Libby's old newspaper clippings.
- 2 cups canned green beans
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- Mix all ingredients together except the grated cheese.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
These make a pretty good fix for canned beans. The onions were thinly sliced and lightly sautéed before adding the other ingredients. The beans were drained and I think that next time around I will drain off part of the liquid from the canned tomatoes. Instead of salt and pepper, I sprinkled an Italian seasoning blend. These were nice in that I was able to get them ready to go beforehand and then popped into a pre-heated oven when ready to cook.