Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to make variation of scalloped potatoes that gets it's savory flavor from Lipton Recipe Secrets Garlic Mushroom Soup Mix.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 ounce lipton garlic mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In lightly greased 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange potatoes. In medium bowl, blend remaining ingredients, pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Tip: You can substitute the Garlic Mushroom Soup Mix with Lipton Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix.
- Tip: The surface of peeled potatoes discolors quickly. Use immediately or cover with water to prevent discoloration.
Made for Aus/NZ Swap Jan 2010. Simplicity and very good. I like when that happens. I, too could not find the lipton garlic so used the Savory Herb with garlic. I used 1/2 and 1/2 as that is what I had. This was quick to make using my mandoline to slice the taters, simple to put together and tasty to boot. I will make these again and make sure I have cream on hand. DH is not a tater person but he did enjoy a scoop of these, DS and gf liked them as well. A nice change in making taters for me. thank you
WOW what a simple side dish and full of flavour. We don't have Lipton product in Australia so I used McCormick Creamy Garlic Mushroom mix and had to substitute the cream with thick lactose free cream (so Little Miss (DD) was able to eat it). I also doubled the serving and there was only a scoop of leftovers. We will defiantly be making this again. Thank you Crafty Lady 13
I gave this 3 stars. I made these for my family's dinner. My family liked these potatoes. I thought they were very good. I didn't have cream so I used half n half. I also used the Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix. I will make these again. Thanks for posting a really good recipe. Christine (internetnut)