Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Easy to make variation of scalloped potatoes that gets it's savory flavor from Lipton Recipe Secrets Garlic Mushroom Soup Mix.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for Aus/NZ Swap Jan 2010. Simplicity and very good. I like when that happens. I, too could not find the lipton garlic so used the Savory Herb with garlic. I used 1/2 and 1/2 as that is what I had. This was quick to make using my mandoline to slice the taters, simple to put together and tasty to boot. I will make these again and make sure I have cream on hand. DH is not a tater person but he did enjoy a scoop of these, DS and gf liked them as well. A nice change in making taters for me. thank you
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 ounce lipton garlic mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In lightly greased 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange potatoes. In medium bowl, blend remaining ingredients, pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Tip: You can substitute the Garlic Mushroom Soup Mix with Lipton Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix.
- Tip: The surface of peeled potatoes discolors quickly. Use immediately or cover with water to prevent discoloration.