1/2 Photos of Scalloped Faux Tatoes/Turnips (Low Carb)
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
An amazingly simple almost exactly like the real thing. No one will know unless you tell them
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2spray cooking spray on the bottom of your baking dish so they don't stick.
- 3Peel and thinly slice turnips and onions - its best if you have a mandolin - they need to be thin.
- 4In a separete bowl - combine your philly and cream and add your spices - you can jazz these taters up with garlic and some heat or you can just go plain with salt and pepper- whisk these ingredients together as best you can to combine the philly and cream.
- 5lay a layer of turnip on the bottom - followed by a layer of onions followed by a layer of cheese - then continue until you have used all your ingredients. make sure you end with turnip on the top.
- 6Pour your cream mixture gently over the top- wiggle your layers around so that the moisture gets down to the bottom and all through the ingredients. If you think there should be a little more cream - by all means add more. Top off with a sprinkle of what ever spices you are using (salt, pepper, garlic, mixed seasonings etc).
- 7bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a fork goes through the tatoes easily -.
- 8serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Faux Tatoes/Turnips (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.0
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 187.6 mg
- Sodium 1081.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g