Recipe by SEvans
An amazingly simple almost exactly like the real thing. No one will know unless you tell them
- 4 turnips (not rutabega)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup whipped philledelphia cream cheese (onion flavor, one whole container)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 cups grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- spray cooking spray on the bottom of your baking dish so they don't stick.
- Peel and thinly slice turnips and onions - its best if you have a mandolin - they need to be thin.
- In a separete bowl - combine your philly and cream and add your spices - you can jazz these taters up with garlic and some heat or you can just go plain with salt and pepper- whisk these ingredients together as best you can to combine the philly and cream.
- lay a layer of turnip on the bottom - followed by a layer of onions followed by a layer of cheese - then continue until you have used all your ingredients. make sure you end with turnip on the top.
- Pour your cream mixture gently over the top- wiggle your layers around so that the moisture gets down to the bottom and all through the ingredients. If you think there should be a little more cream - by all means add more. Top off with a sprinkle of what ever spices you are using (salt, pepper, garlic, mixed seasonings etc).
- bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a fork goes through the tatoes easily -.
- serve and enjoy.