Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pure comfort food. It could be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This recipe comes from The Household Searchlight Recipe Book given by Nana to my Mom for Christmas in 1935.
- I use this method to boil my eggs, but I add some vinegar to the water. The yolks are always perfect.
- This will give you a great medium white sauce:.
- I use butter -- damn the torpedos, full steam ahead!
- Combine the white sauce with rice and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place half the mixture in a buttered oven-proof dish.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.
- Place yolk side down and top with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.