Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The ONLY way I will willingly eat eggplant.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook diced eggplant in boiling salted water until tender, about 6-7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, stir milk into soup.
- Blend in egg.
- Add eggplant, onion and stuffing.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- Turn into greased 2 quart baking dish and cover with cheese topper:.
- Finely crush 1/2 cup stuffing mix and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Top with 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.