2 hrs 15 mins
This is the best green bean dish I have ever had! The mixture of onion, bell pepper, celery, tomatoes, and cheese blends so nicely with the green beans. I got the recipe from an friend's mother over 20 years ago and she got the recipe from her mother who had a local cooking show in the southwest Louisana/ southeast Texas area. You can taste the southern Creole influence in this dish. You won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Fry bacon until crisp and set aside. Saute onion, celery, and bell pepper in bacon drippings until transparent.
- 3Transfer onion mixture to a medium sauce pan and add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook, covered over low heat for 1 hour. (yes--1 hour!).
- 4Add cheese to sauce mixture and stir until melted.
- 5Place green beans in casserole dish, crumble bacon over beans, and pour sauce over top.
- 6Bake, uncovered for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Creole Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 526.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g