Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Courtesy of The Southern Lady Cooks
Make and share this Scalloped Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp (save drippings)
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped (can use regular or green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans cream-style sweet corn
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, drained
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can use more and can use whatever cheese you like)
- Fry bacon, drain and set aside. Cook onion and green pepper in 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings then add cracker crumbs to the skillet with the green pepper and onions and brown just a little. Set this aside. Combine corn, eggs, pimentos, milk, salt and pepper (mixing with a spoon) and pour into sprayed 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle green peppers, onion and cracker crumbs over the top. Next, sprinkle on the cheese and crumble the bacon slices on the cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.