Recipe by Leta
Deliciously different way to serve corn.
Top Review by Miss Annie
What a nice vegetable dish. Different from anything else I have made. This dish is extremely easy to make and the different layers of flavors come through. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish. I added this recipe to my tried & true book. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup fine cracker crumb
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 2 Tbls margarine in 1 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion and bell pepper in margarine about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, paprika, mustard and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in corn and egg.
- Pour into ungreased 1 quart cassreole dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs and 1 Tbls melted margarine.
- Sprinkle over corn mixture.
- Bake uncovered 30- 35 minutes or until bubbly.